Stress-free travel tips for the holidays.
The holiday season is a time for traditions and family – and that usually means traveling over the festive period, which can be arduous and hazardous. By taking a few simple precautions, you can keep your family safe and protect your journey, too. Discover how to get around safely with our tips for traveling during the holiday season.
- Plan journeys ahead of time and tell someone where you’re going. Map out a couple of different routes in case you encounter heavy traffic or roadworks.
- If you are going to be driving, make sure your vehicle is in good condition. Check the tires, brakes, lights, battery, fluids, and emergency kit.
- The weather can change quickly during this time of year. Check weather conditions before setting off and avoid driving in poor conditions.
- Avoid distractions behind the wheel. Make sure your GPS is set up, the kids are entertained, and your phone is out of reach before starting the vehicle.
- Never drink and drive.
- Don’t forget to leave your house secure by locking all the doors and windows and setting the alarm if you have one.
- Make sure all insurance policies are up to date and the policy has the cover you need, especially if you are driving many miles or leaving your home unattended.
Make sure that you have an auto insurance policy that works for you. To get started on quality coverage, contact Abatelli Group, Inc., serving motorists in Whitestone and neighboring cities in New York.