Enjoy these easy and delicious chocolate truffles to celebrate Chocolate Day!
On Thursday, September 13, 2018, indulge in your favorite chocolate. Why? Not because it’s a Thursday and it’s almost the weekend, but because it’s International Chocolate Day! If you’re looking for an easy and delicious recipe to truly celebrate this wonderful day, check out these chocolate truffles below. Homemade chocolate treats are sure to impress your friends, family, and will be more satisfying than a candy bar from the store. Read on for the recipe!
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 3 oz. dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste, or vanilla extract
- 1 handful of desiccated coconut
- 1 handful of mixed nuts, such as pecans, hazelnuts, macadamias
- 2 tablespoons quality cocoa powder
- Pour the coconut milk into a small pan over a low heat and heat through.
- Snap the chocolate into a bowl, add the coconut oil, then pour over the coconut milk and stir gently to combine – it’s important not to mix too quickly.
- Stir in the vanilla, then place in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours.
- When the truffle mixture is almost set, toast the desiccated coconut in a dry frying pan over a medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly golden, then tip onto a plate.
- Return the pan to the heat, scatter in the nuts and toast for 2 minutes, or until golden. Leave to cool for a few minutes, then finely chop and place onto a second plate.
- Spread the cocoa powder over a third plate.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out little balls of the truffle mixture and roll in the palm of your hands, placing them onto a tray as you go. It’s totally up to you how you decorate them – roll the balls in the toasted coconut or chopped nuts, or for a simple finish, roll them in cocoa powder.
- Return the decorated truffles to the fridge for around 10 minutes to firm up, then serve.
The team at Abatelli Group, Inc. hope that you enjoy this recipe! For all of your personal and commercial insurance needs in Whitestone, NY, contact us today.