The Goals of Workers’ Compensation
Workers’ compensation is beneficial in two ways, and this is in the process of protecting the employees and protecting the employers. It makes sure to provide adequate coverage for either the employees or employers in case of an unexpected occurrence.
Benefits of Workers’ Compensation for Employees
Some of the things a successful worker’s compensation claim can yield funds for include:
- Back pay for the time the employee is out of work due to an injury sustained on the job.
- Hundred percent of medical expenses for the covered injury with no deductibles.
- Money benefits for any permanent or partial disability due to an injury.
- For disability benefits a worker must miss at least seven days of work, it aims to compensate injured workers for a portion of their lost wages in the number of days they’ve missed.
- Funeral expenses and death benefits for the death of the employee as a result of the injury. This is based on the deceased’s number of dependents.
The knowledge that your employer has an adequate workers’ compensation policy will give you peace of mind and an assurance that your financial security won’t be threatened should you get hurt on the job. This is, if neither your employer nor their carrier challenges your compensation claim. It is therefore important to seek legal counsel where a seasoned attorney will advocate on your behalf before commencing your claim and finally help you achieve the compensation you deserve, as there are many common hurdles when making a worker’s compensation claim.
Benefits of Workers’ Compensation to Employers
However, by purchasing workers’ compensation insurance, business owners or employers no longer have to worry about covering their employee’s injuries from their own pockets. The insurance policy offers coverage for this.
This shouldn’t cause employers or organizations to implement negligent protocols, as there will be repercussions. Organizations are still required to maintain a safe working environment for the employees, as anything otherwise can expose them to litigation, regardless of their current coverage.
Perhaps you were seriously injured at your workplace and wish to take legal action; a personal injury attorney can be of great help. Talk to the team members at Abatelli Group, Inc. to find out how we can protect your business from unforeseen circumstances. With reliable commercial insurance, we can help your business if it is located in Whitestone, Flushing, Bayside, Little Neck, or surrounding cities of New York. Contact us today to get started.
Comments are closed.