Enjoy this fresh and rich risotto for springtime dining.
Risotto is one of those dishes everyone should have under their belt. They are easy to make and can be adapted for a cold winter night or a fresh and bright spring day. If you’re looking for a quick, cheap, and delicious meal that will please your family, try out this tomato risotto with grilled greens. Ideal for spring, this fresh dish is a great choice.
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup risotto rice (such as arborio)
- 6 tomatoes
- Green Beans
- Heat the vegetable stock in a saucepan and keep just below a simmer. Blend 4 of the tomatoes in a blender until purified, then add to the vegetable stock.
- Heat a large, deep skillet with 1 tbsp olive oil on a medium heat and add the onion and saute for 2-3 minutes until translucent. Add the garlic and saute for a further 1 minute.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir with the onion and garlic, cook for 1 minute so the rice is coated. Then add the wine and stir cooking until the wine is completely absorbed.
- Begin to add the stock and tomato mixture into the rice dish, stirring each time and making sure each ladle is absorbed before adding the next. Keep going until all the stock is used up, this should take between 35-45 minutes.
- Dice the other two tomatoes and add in at the end to warm through.
- Grill your green vegetables until they are cooked but still have some bite. Serve immediately.
Comments are closed.